Office Coordinator to lead HR, Admin and procurement issues.
Baytna was launched in 2013 as a networking, training, and grant-making facility for Syrian civil society organizations, offering support to CSOs based inside Syria and the neighbouring countries. It moved to its permanent home in Brussels, Belgium in January 2021
Baytna is seeking to recruit a par time Office Coordinator to lead office HR, administrative work, procurement, and logistics. The position will be reporting to the Executive Director
Contract Type and Length: One year contract
Candidate starting Date: ASAP
Job Location: Brussels, Belgium
Job Ref: BSHR.V01.21
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages fixed assets allocated to the Baytna office(s) and ensures proper inventories of items are updated and checked on a regular basis.
- Manages all employee records as per Belgian regualtions.
- Manages the petty cash and other small financial administration duties as needed in coordination with finance department.
- Support logistically the activities of the office such as events, travel, conferences, office meetings and retreats.
- Manage contracts and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease.
- Monitors and coordinates the maintenance of the Baytna office in Belgium with service providers, and municipal / government counterparts as per contracts, lease agreements, etc.
- Administers and manages the logistics and contacts for services with service providers such as information and communication technology, utilities, travel agents, hotels, event venues, translation and interpretation agencies, office suppliers, etc.
- Ensures full compliance of Baytna administrative procedures with applicable Belgian government issued administrative and / or legal provisions, including all tax declarations for office and staff members. Liaises with Baytna lawyer and public accountant.
- Translation of official correspondences from French to English or vice versa.
- Regularly update ED with new procedures issued by NGO Directorate and/or other governmental authorities.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Executive Director and other staff as required or as requested including typing, transcription, translation, information research, filing, drafting memos, financial and other reports as applicable;
- Supports work permits and other governmental application processes;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in business management / International relations / Public affairs or any other relevant field of study
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in managing office work and administrative support
- Excellent Knowledge of local laws and regulations; including labor law and tax code.
- Ability to work in a team and to sometimes tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent command of French and English (both verbal and written)
- Arabic is a plus
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organisation, representing the organisation to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, by telephone or e-mail
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions
- Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks
- Experience of working with local NGOs, INGOs and government bodies would be an advantage
Apply for Office Coordinator
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.